It's just over there...

Here's Esperanza Spalding showing us what a jazz musician does with a standard such as "On the Sunny Side of the Street" by Jimmy McHugh and Dorothy Fields:


Video posted by muslin

I don't have a separate "making me happy" thing tonight, but that is a joyful performance if there ever was one!

***

Jimmy McHugh wasn't Jewish, but the lyricist Dorothy Fields was, and if the name isn't familiar to you, I bet her songs are: "I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby," "I'm in the Mood for Love," "I Won't Dance," "A Fine Romance," "The Way You Look Tonight," "Big Spender," and many others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Let us turn our thoughts today to Martin Luther King" --James Taylor

Thank you, all those who have served in our military!

St. Nicholas Music, Inc.