Really I think it's the tapping...

"Shakin' the Blues Away" by Irving Berlin:


Videos posted by The Marriott Theatre

And hey, do not skip the rope skipping!


Video posted by Great Performances/PBS

That interrupted number was from the 2018 revival of Holiday Inn, but it was originally written for The Ziegfeld Follies of 1927, was used again in 1948 in Easter Parade as a number by Ann Miller, and was used yet again in 1955's Love Me or Leave Me, in which it was sung by Doris Day, playing the role of Ruth Etting, the original 1927 singer. I guess it's a really good tune for a dance number? But, hey, no complaints here, I always do love a good tap number!

***

If it weren't for the fact that we've got a holiday (Shavuot) starting in a few hours, I'd try to come up with some new factoid about Irving Berlin, but since we do, I shall just put in some links to what I've already said about Irving Berlin:

For those who are celebrating Easter...
It's been a little minute...
Thank you, all those who have served in our military!
"I could write a sonnet..."
May your days be merry and bright

(I sure do like ellipses, don't I!)

Have a good weekend and happy Shavuot!

Comments

  1. Today a tap number fits the bill nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even more so a Christmas tap number in this weather! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Note: Unfortunately, comments left when using Safari disappear into the ether. Chrome seems to work, though, which I’m sure is a total coincidence. Thank you for going that extra mile!

Popular posts from this blog

"Let us turn our thoughts today to Martin Luther King" --James Taylor

Thank you, all those who have served in our military!

St. Nicholas Music, Inc.